CNL now gives their own workshops!
Casting New Lives is an organization promoting artists and events throughout the USA. We are entertainment management, booking agents, publicists, producers and promoters. We have worked with some of the greatest talents in our business; The Manhattan Transfer, Amy Grant, Vince Gill, Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band, Tom Jones, Kenny Rogers, Maynard Ferguson, Arturo Sandoval, just to name a few. Casting New Lives is “one stop shopping” for all career enhancement needs. Our mission is to further cultivate the entertainment field with both new and established talent that would reflect longevity in our clients’ career. We have recently relocated to the Greater Dallas area. but our entertainment “roots” are in Southern California.
Course Title: The Business End of Entertainment
Whether you go into the field of entertainment management or begin a performing arts career of your own, this workshop serves as an invaluable supplement to your career path.
After booking countless Vocal Master Classes and Workshops for the talent on our roster, we realized that we too, have something very important to offer to the Performing Arts community and to those who would like to go into this business.
Our years of experience in the field of entertainment management has brought us to the realization that one’s talent, even if it is multiple award winning talent, will not carry you very far without understanding the business end of your career and how to keep it alive. We also realized that by offering this class, we are giving young entrepreneurs, who would like to go into this business a nice sampling of what is all about.
Below is an outline of the categories we cover:
So you have the talent, but is the entertainment business right for you?
- Do you need representation?
- The many forms of representation: Management, booking agents, publicists
- Different representation for each field, i.e., acting, writing, music, etc.
- How much representation do you need?
It costs money to make money.
- The importance of photos, marketing materials, etc.
- The importance of your marketing materials.
- Your website.
- What is an EPK
Q. and A.
Your Gift: How much do you “give away” for free?
- How to not get taken advantage of by free performances.
- The art of knowing when and when not to work pro bono
How to obtain your contacts for bookings.
- The Sacred Lists
- The importance of Social Media and the dos and dont’s.
Longevity in the business
- Setting your self apart.
- Packaging a show,
- Options for the buyer etc.
Q and A
Contracts and Deposits
- The importance of deposits for your gig.
- Different types of contracts: Performance contracts (Artist /Buyers and Management/Artist)
Q. and A.
Funny stories along the way.